WebSphere System Admin 3rd Shift
NewGen is seeking a WebSphere Administrator to provide 3rd shift on-site Level 1/II support for the CBP National Data Center’s 24/7 Technical Operations Center. Using Managed Objects the candidate will be responsible for alert monitoring of the WebSphere Message Broker, WebLogic and Datapower infrastructure for CBP’s Application Integrated Portal systems. The successful applicant must possess experience in real-time monitoring, diagnosis and trouble-shooting of incidents and events. The candidate will also need to be proficient in Linux and Apache server operational support. CBP’s Technical Operations Center is the first line of a technical "system" support with the mission of ensuring systems availability.
Job Duty 1 with % of time - Monitor CBP’s Application Integrated Portal Systems using Managed Objects – 65%
Job Duty 2 with % of time – Troubleshoot system events – 15%
Job Duty 3 with % of time – Follow documented procedures for escalation of events – 10%
Job Duty 4 with % of time – Identify and report hardware failures – 5%
Job Duty 5 with % of time – Update shift logs and perform shift turnover – 5%
- 2-3 years operational support of IBM WebSphere Message Broker
- 2-3 years operational support of Oracle Weblogic
- 2-3 years operational support of Apache Server
- 2-3 years Linux administration support
- General operational support knowledge of IBM DataPower, Oracle Exadata, SQL, SSL security and networking.
- 3-5 years Operations and Maintenance background with strong troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years systems knowledge of SOA and Portal
- 2-3 years operational support of IBM DataPower
- 3-5 years UNIX/LINUX experience