• Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
• VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
• Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
• Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
• Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
• Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
• Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required.
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
• Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years)
- Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance or program leadership
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
- Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments.
- Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
- Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
- Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
- Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
Desired Certification(s): VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.