The VMware Administrator will be supporting the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. The candidate should be proficient with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
Responsibilities also include:
• Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
• VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
• Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
• Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
• Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
• Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
• Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
• Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required.
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
• Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• A current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligbility.
• Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
• Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance or program leadership
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
• Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments
• Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
• Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
• Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
• Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure VMware services and applications
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Required Education / Experience:
• Six (6) or more years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree OR Master's degree with 4 years of related experience.
• Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.