The Transition to Operations Test Engineer will be engaged in the early conception of products, assisting with development oversight, and directly supporting the transition of products from conception & development into the production environment. They will write custom functions tests for the product or system to ensure it functions properly and meets the customer business needs. The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: Testing all aspects of the product/system like function/ component, system, performance, regression and service. As a member of the Transition to Operations team, will participate in developing, enhancing, and facilitating policies, processes, procedures, and techniques with the goal of successfully transitioning new capabilities from design and development to a production environment.
Clearance Level: Must be a US Citizen with a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access
- Experience in Linux system administration and/or Windows server 2008, 2012 & 2016; supporting production systems and core utility services in an enterprise environment including Red Hat Enterprise 6-7 Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Virtualization, system and configuration management, and orchestration tools (i.e., Satellite Puppet, Ansible by Red Hat).
- Demonstrated experience participating in projects and coordinating the efforts of associates in a globally distributed team
- Positive approach toward customers; ability to cooperate and communicate well within a geographically distributed team
- Full Chain Certificates & Java Key Store/Trust Stores: should have the knowledge of how certificates work both self-signed & full chain. They also need to know how to create and maintain Java key / trust stores.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to write custom functions tests, create executive level reports with results, and brief leadership.
- Experience with RedSeal
- Know how to use Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing scripts and automating tasks with shell and scripting languages like Bash, Perl, PowerShell & Python.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with the following commercial technologies: ArcSight, Nagios, Sourcefire, EADB | Aginaty, E-Mail/MEG, PGP, Tableau, Red Hat IDM, Logstash, Kafka Connect, Open Nebula, Free IPA, Who is, Ambaris Hadoop/Spark, Ansible, Docker, Open Shift, WSUS, Tenable Security Scanner & Security Center, RedSeal
- Certification(s): Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) OR Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification & RHEL 6; 7 / Windows server 2008, 2012 & 2016
Required Education and Experience:
- Four (4) or more years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.