Technical Writer/Business Analyst
Job Purpose: Candidate must possess a strong finance and written skillset in order to provide mission focused support to the government client. Candidate will employ in-depth knowledge of planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) structures, processes and systems to provide optimized plans, robust analysis, and responsible execution of funding.
- Provides comprehensive planning, programming, budgeting, and execution support to the DoD client.
- Leverages financial data analysis to inform, multi-year resource objectives, priorities, and implications.
- Formulates, justifies, and executes program budgets in accordance with strategic plans, program objectives, and approved battle-rhythms.
- Routinely tracks program execution (e.g., allocation, obligation, and expenditure rates) to ensure fiscal responsibility and maximize outcomes.
- Effectively manages program budgets to ensure time-phased allocations and execution milestones align with the detailed resource plan.
- Identifies changing conditions, trends, and risks to decipher organizational impacts and recommended mitigations.
- Collaborates with technical and budget counterparts to support program management efforts.
- Collaborates with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical and financial content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
- Authors and edits the Congressional Justification Book.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Collects, adjudicates, and implements recommended edits accurately and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
- Develops visual displays (e.g., graphics, diagrams, and charts) and written content for high-level products (e.g., briefings, justification books, standard operating procedures).
Skills & Qualifications: Excellent writing and editing skills. Possesses a comprehensive analytical skillset with a demonstrated ability to develop, shape, and improve products. A self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment. Demonstrated competency of financial standards and practices. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of financial and business analyst experience. Knowledge of planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) structures is a requirement to be considered.
Security Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. Candidate must also successfully complete a Counter Intelligence polygraph test.