Systems Engr and Project Lead (ServiceNow)
We are seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer & Project Lead with expertise with ServiceNow products and workflows. The hired engineer will collaborate with the Customer’s SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Providing Systems Engineering project leadership in support of a large, leading edge cybersecurity system.
- Partner with the Chief Engineer to lead the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of new advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities
- Employing ServiceNow products and workflows, as needed, when participating in system engineering activities
- Partnering with others to help lead the Agile development teams in the development, integration, and testing of cybersecurity capabilities
- Providing informal ServiceNow training and guidance, as needed, to team members
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
- Leading or participating in trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- 10+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and/or systems integration & test
- 4+ years hands-on experience with ServiceNow products, workflows, and solutions
- 2+ years experience on Agile projects
- Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading projects
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, ideally in a leadership role
- Experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management (CM) practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
- Ability to create a vision and lead teams on large and small scale system engineering and/or architecture activities
- Experience with and excellent technical understanding of cybersecurity including attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Experience with requirements management and tools (DOORS preferred)
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean agile frameworks
- DevOps or DevSecOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g. ISO, CMMI, ITIL)
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF)
- Experience and/or familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.