Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a talented, self-motivated, and skilled Systems Architect for technical analysis, integration, and advisory support. The Systems Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information by providing support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Chief Management Officer (CMO) Business Systems Reform Team.
Job Duties Include:
• Serving as a technical liaison between project teams, stakeholders, and functional process owners to achieve business reform objectives.
• Analyzing existing system infrastructure, hardware, software, data layers for opportunities to increase productivity and reduce redundancy across the DoD portfolio of business systems.
• Analyzing and providing assessments of existing DoD Architecture Framework 2.02 (DoDAF) Operational Viewpoint (OV) Models.
• Developing “future-state” systems architecture products in support of performance evaluations, and optimization of existing requirements and capabilities.
• Researching, developing, and delivering technical designs for Network, Storage, Compute, Data, Security, or Applications services.
• Collaborating with functional, technical, and budget counterparts to support program management efforts.
• Collaborating with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
• Preparing technical reports by researching, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Collecting, adjudicating, and implementing recommended edits accurately and in a timely manner.
• Facilitating internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
• Working in a fast-paced, highly flexible client and team environment providing quick turn-around technology and system analysis.
• Support other duties as assigned by your supervisor/ DoD client.
Skills/Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment, and able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize large and complex systems data into digestible and informative graphics and written content.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Science, Computer Engineering, business, MIS or a related field from an accredited institution. A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Assisting with designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise information technology applications.
• Supporting COTS business capabilities in DoD Windows or Oracle environments.
• Understanding of SQL or T-SQL; Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and/or Integration Services and database administration using MS-SQL and/or Oracle.
• Developing process flow diagrams and systems documentation.
• Experience with applying data integration patterns using traditional and modern data technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
• Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3 certification
• Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD and the IT/ Business System factors impacting the achievement of service requirements.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at the Pentagon, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0800 to 1700 Monday through Friday except holidays.