- Analyze user requirements, CONOPS and high-level system architectures to derive, develop and decompose system-level specifications.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture, and meets customer needs.
- Conduct trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Plan and/or support enhancement projects and large system upgrades through requirements definition, implementation, development, operations, performance, testing, cost and schedule, training and support, and/or system disposal.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- Perform deployment services, including site surveys and site installation and test.
- Perform individually and as part of a team.
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations, including support for Technology Insertion in Government Technical Reference Model (TRM).
- Active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and program Engineering Review Boards (ERBs).
Required skills include:
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL).
- Experience and/or familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with requirements management tools
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.)
- Project Management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), compliant with ANSI/EIA Standard 748-B required.
- Agile development methodology experience required.
Additional Responsibilities and/or skills:
- Manage multiple projects of variable size.
- Provide technical direction for development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of components of system.
- Perform requirement elicitation, analysis and functional allocation.
- Conduct systems requirement reviews.
- Develop CONOPS, interface standards, system architectures.
- Perform technical and non-technical assessment and management.
- Perform end-to-end flow analysis.
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF).
- Define, plan and manage work packages (WP).Includes defining task, WP duration, WP sequencing, critical path analysis, resource assignment, and input to the Integrated master Schedule (IMS).
- Provide status to program management and input to customer status reports.
- Establish common processes across tasks, including configuration management (CM), risk management, quality assurance (QA), etc.
- Provide internal and external customers with technical design support to system acquisition specification, design, proof-of-concept prototyping, development and evaluation of management information and decision support systems.
- Interface directly with customer.
- Perform team lead functions.
- Ten (10) or more years of systems engineering experience required.
[A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience.A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.]
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is required.
- DoD 8570.1IAT Level I or equivalent certification required.
- Agile software development methodology certification (e.g. SCRUM Master) desired.
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification desired .
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification desired.