Job Purpose: The System Administrator will provide support and expertise for the management and administration of a Windows enterprise network.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provide tier two technical support and troubleshooting assistance.
- Serve as Systems Administrator in support of systems such as, NetApp SAN, VMware vSphere, Web Proxy (Forcepoint), Syslog Server (Splunk), and Remote Access servers (Citrix). Develop, implement and maintain syslog and mail server(s).
- Responsible for virtual systems and storage on NIPR/SIPR/SCI networks. Responsible for server administration, including the deployment, update management, and maintenance of Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- VMware vSphere management, including provisioning VM clones and templates, creation of VMFS datastores and physical server consolidation.
- Develop and maintain system/application documentation, to include Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assume responsibility for hardening servers per DoD Security and Technical Implementation Guidelines and providing required security documentation as required.
- Support IAVA patching requirements for servers and systems under management.
- Interface with multiple levels of users to include VIPs, Management, and end users.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting on administration and maintenance activities
Skills/Qualifications: Self-Motivated and Self-Monitoring, Exceptional Oral and Written Communications, Technical Communication, Problem Solving, Multi-tasking. Must excel at communicating with world-wide support team and be able to lead development and implementation of systems within assigned area of responsibility and that systems are/remain DoD compliant.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active TS/SCI level of security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience. CompTIA Security+ ce and an OS certification are minimum requirements for this position. For OS certification MCSA, MCSE and/or Redhat would be a plus. Experience with the following is also required:
- NetApp (7-mode and Cluster mode).
- VMware 6.x.
- Microsoft Exchange in a Windows Server 2008/2012 Environment.
- Microsoft SCCM, Web Proxy, Citrix and Redhat experience desired.
- DoD technical security requirements and documentation, experience with deployment and maintenance of basic windows services such as DNS, DHCP and Print.
- Management of virtual systems in a VMware environment; advanced VMware experience a plus.
- Syslog service experience, with focus on Splunk a plus.
- Proficient at system documentation, to include system configuration, topology and development of standard operating procedures.