Sr Systems Administrator
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active Top Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- 6+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following: Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, Windows, VMware
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using JAVA, RESTful services is a plus
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
- Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets is a plus
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification is a plus
-Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Experience with technical implementation projects
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.