Sr Principal Software Eng and Project Lead (Hadoop, ELK)
We are seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer with Project Leadership experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities. Java, ELK Stack, and Hadoop experience required.
- Providing Software Engineering project leadership in support of a large, leading edge, agile-based, cybersecurity system
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities
- As needed, supporting the development of high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- Leading or participating in trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience
- 6+ years experience with Agile software development with Java
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data (Hadoop) and associated technologies
- Meaningful experience and excellent knowledge of the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading projects
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Experience working in an Agile development environment in a leadership role
- Ability to create a vision and lead teams on large and small scale activities
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar framework
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems.
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.