Sr. Principal Cyber Software Engineer
- Interfacing directly with the Customer and stakeholders regarding the continuous development, integration, testing, deployment and training of enhanced Information Sharing capabilities.
- Leading agile development teams, organizing development project plans, sprints, tasks, and schedules while providing technical direction and guidance to the teams
- Analyzing user feedback, requirements, CONOPS and high-level system architectures to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications.
- Conducting trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Developing technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility (SSBI within the last five years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have 10 years of professional experience or 8 years with a Master’s degree or 6 years with PhD in a related discipline.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- Must have strong systems or software engineering experience required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Comfortable working with diverse cross-functional teams including Government technical representatives and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and projects of variable sizes.
- Experience providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all system components
- Experience collecting user and stakeholder feedback, assessing requirements, developing solutions, and conducting design reviews
- Detailed technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated prevention/detection methods.
- Experience and/or strong familiarity with Agile development methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) and software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL).
- Experience and/or strong familiarity with agile project planning/management techniques.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III certification
- Experience and/or familiarity with Structured Threat Information Expression (STIX), Trusted Automated eXchange of Indicator Information (TAXII), and Cyber Observable eXpression (CybOX)
- Hands-on practical experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems, firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Identity Management
- Certifications related to Agile development – SAFe, Scrum Master, Product Owner
- Strong experience with IT infrastructure including Windows and Linux operating systems, VMware, TCP/IP networking, Storage, and Cloud-based environments (AWS, OpenStack)
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)