Sr. Info Systems Training Specialist
Seeking a Sr. Information Systems Training Specialist to provide support and leadership for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Training Program.
- Act as a project lead for the development and deployment of applications.
- Lead a team in the development of training materials and course lesson plans.
- Produce and maintain a schedule of training resources and assigned tasks, which will be reviewed during meetings with Government PM.
- Conduct independent reviews with application developers and assess training requirements.
- Determine most effective method of training and present recommendation to the Government PM for approval.
- Evaluate resource requirements for development of training material and course deliverables.
- Conduct training classes for up to thirty (30) students per session.
- Travel to client offices to provide onsite training.
- Prepare a class report and submit class evaluations to the client PM following each class.
- Provide onsite field training support to users in support of DEA applications.
- Set up and dismantle mobile training classrooms.
- Produce, revise, and maintain all necessary training materials.
- Training materials include, but are not limited to: class lesson plans, instructor guides, training manuals, reference guides, course handouts, and class evaluation forms.
- Create computer-based-training (CBT) using software such as Captivate and Camtasia.
- CBT creation involves creating a storyboard, writing a scrip, capturing software simulations, recording audio, and assembling files into a training video.
- Provide tier 2 assistance to the Service Desk for service calls pertaining to Microsoft Office suite and client applications supported.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all training equipment.
- Assist engineers with testing new or updated applications.
- Evaluate and adjust as needed the training program based on students’ comments regarding course objectives, materials, training facilities, and student proficiency level.
- Prepare a training plan for future applications or initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct personnel in task assignments as required. Determine resource needs and work flow pertaining to managed tasks and course development. Effectively utilize and schedule resources to complete all tasking as required by the DEA program.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communications, Information Technology, or an applicable field of study. Minimum of five years of experience in a trainer role. Prior experience conducting technical training highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD and DEA Secret clearances.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and effectively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; and presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from manager, clients, customers, and team members.
- Prioritize and plan work activities while using time effectively.
- Plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.