Sr. Cost Analyst
Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a Sr. Cost Analyst to support the DoD CIO and the Business Technology Office in development of business case analysis (BCA) of IT efficiencies and IT/Business Systems Reform initiatives. The individual will develop complex data analytics and visualizations used to assess the viability and potential savings of proposed DoD-wide IT cost-saving initiatives. Findings from the cost analysis will inform development and/or refinements to the BCA and will be presented to the highest levels of DoD.
Job Duties Include:
- Leverage tools such as Python / R / Tableau / PowerBi / SQL to pull data needed for cost model development.
- Develop complex costing models using Excel to include such elements as contract costs, DoD manpower costs, hardware/software costs, and other infrastructure costs
- Understand and incorporate existing statutory, regulatory or policy requirements that may constrain implementation of best practices
- Support development of an analytical approach that measures improved capability / outcomes in addition to Total Cost of Ownership to compared value
- Support brief development and visualization / communication of data and analysis from the models
- Work in a fast-paced, highly flexible client and team environment providing quick turn-around data analysis
Skills/Qualifications: Expert analytical, problem-solving and excel skills. Experience delivering excel-based cost analysis tools, financial management tools, and dashboards for senior level decision makers. Superb communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to work productively in a team-environment. Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD and the factors impacting the achievement of service requirements.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an associated discipline from an accredited institution. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.