Purpose: This position is for an individual who can design functionality for a suite of COTS PeopleSoft solutions for the United States Navy. The individual in this role will be expected to create Business Process Models; Epics; Requirements Traceability Matrices; Features; Customization Requests; User Stories; Acceptance Criteria; and other aspects of software documentation deliverables.
Job Duties Include:
• Gather and review GFI & Navy provided requirements and incorporate into BPM’s and feature designs.
• Work with Navy SME’s to map design features to Navy requirements.
• Create & maintain Business Process Models (BPM) required for each sprint team.
• Identify COTS features to be included in BPMs.
• Identify User Stories.
• Determine necessary configurations & customizations.
• Identify foundational data needed.
• Ensure backlog items exist necessary to support design.
• Provide design guidance to sprint teams.
• Review FDD’s to ensure consistency and completeness with feature design.
• Conduct Conference Room Pilots and capture feedback of designs.
Project delivery will periodically require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical, organizational, and planning skills; excellent communication and problem-solving skills; problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy; solid judgment and decision-making ability; initiative and adaptability; focus on customer service.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant business experience. The successful candidate will have at least two years of professional experience relevant to this position. Experience in or work for the U.S. military or Department of Defense is also highly desirable.