Solutions Architect – PeopleSoft HCM
Job Purpose: Implement COTS PeopleSoft Human Capital Management solutions for the US Navy. You will be responsible for creating Business Process Maps; Epics; Requirements Traceability Matrix; Features; documenting implemented, delivered PeopleSoft capabilities, documenting recommended PeopleSoft customizations; writing user stories; and developing acceptance criteria. You are a key component to the Navy’s PeopleSoft HCM solution.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. You will:
- Gather and review GFI & Navy provided requirements and incorporate into BPM’s and feature designs
- Work with Navy SME’s to map design features to Navy requirements
- Create & maintain Business Process Models (BPM) required for each sprint team
- Identify COTS features to be included in BPMs
- Identify User Stories
- Determine necessary configurations & customizations
- Identify foundational data needed
- Ensure backlog items exist necessary to support design
- Provide design guidance to sprint teams
- Review FDD’s to ensure consistency and completeness with feature design
- Conduct Conference Room Pilots and capture feedback of designs
Project delivery will periodically require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem-solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. The candidate should have experience working with the following technologies:
- A knowledge of the Iterative development methodology including Agile Scrum methods.
- Demonstrated experience PeopleSoft HCM.
- Demonstrated experience PeopleSoft HCM in a military personnel environment.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain security clearance or currently hold a clearance. Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI clearance desired.
Education and Experience: Undergraduate degree. Candidate must have 5-10 years of professional experience. Experience with government and DoD environments is desired. Experience with implementing ERP in an agile environment is a plus.