Senior Software Engineer/Altiris Integration Lead
• Experience in the integration of Altiris capabilities with other service desk tools and applications; transition/upgrade from Altiris 7 to 8 with the ability to maintain similar levels of reports and metrics gathering between versions
• Manage the desktop configuration and applications, using tools and documented policy
• Maintain PC/Laptop hardware lifecycle documentation.
• Produce and maintain Altiris build and admin guides
• 3-5 years of experience administering and developing Altiris, to include Altiris Service Desk and Workflow development
• Proficient with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016, and Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems
• Good in technical troubleshooting and problem solving
• Familiarity with using VMWare and Ghost Images
• Experience in VB Scripting, PowerShell Scripting, and SQL report/script building
• Application integration and deployment through Altiris
• Proficient in ITL framework
• Strong Knowledge of the integration of Altiris and other systems (LDAP, AD, Exchange, Web services, etc.) Good understanding of Active Directory/ SCCM and Exchange
• Deployment of OS Image and Applications using Altiri
• Experience with virtualization tools (VM Ware)
• Scripting languages (PowerShell, VB script)
• Windows/Linux administration
• Service desk experience
• Altiris or corresponding Symantec certifications
Must have a TS Clearance with SCI eligibility.
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
•A Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
•Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of sixteen (16) or more years) may be substituted for a degree