Senior Software Developer
Job Purpose: Develop process workflow automation using UIPath Robot to facilitate front office and back office integration.
Job Duties Include: The following duties reflect management’s definition of essential functions for this job but do not restrict the tasks that might be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Architect Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solution considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
- Configure new processes and objects in UiPath Robot using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand. Error and exception handling coding is supported.
- Map workflow-based logic to client business processes in the form of a workflow flowchart
- Communicate any identified risks and issues and provide inputs to the change control process
- Create and document test procedures and scenarios for the end-to-end test phases
- Support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Provide timely operations and maintenance support for automation solution
- Stimulate apt design discipline to leverage Operation Models into RPA Solution Design Models
- Plan, design, and execute complex UiPath Internal and Client Solution Configuration and Testing
- Learn and utilize new exciting technologies and how they integrate with UiPath
- Express your passion and enthusiasm by identifying out-of-the-box opportunities to expand the UiPath ecosystem
- Develop solutions with productization in mind
- Become an evangelist of UiPath by identifying client needs and showcasing the best solutioning
- Ensure UiPath platform solution is implemented with UiPath best practice
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of technology problems and their solutions in client RPA environment
- Collaborate closely with Client Enterprise Architect within Architecture Services team to assure constant compliance with Client’s strategic blueprints and architecture
- Provide solutions alert architecture to Client Teams supporting Business Operations, Implementation Development and Implementation Support efforts
- Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives, and conduct solution recommendations related to software, platform, and network configurations.
- Provide testing and acceptance guidance to Implementation Team
- Prepare and present test plan, technical presentations, analyst briefings plus white papers to respond to different Custom Solutions deliverables
- Create powerful POC’s (Proof of Concepts) for prospects and customers
- Create and maintain solution documentation.
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Communicate with vendor on software related issues, suggested improvements and participate with other users in the RPA community.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high-quality outcomes. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Leadership/Teamwork – Exercises substantial autonomy in the day-to-day planning and management of work requirements. Works collaboratively and demonstrates ability to influence and lead effectively. Balances team and individual responsibilities; exercises solid judgement in decision-making; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; and contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; seeks ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; and upholds organizational values.
Skills/Qualifications: Understanding of enterprise architecture and IT systems. Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. The candidate should have thorough knowledge and experience with the following:
- RPA platforms such as Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, or OpenSpan a plus
- Experience working in Agile software development projects
- Experience developing front office and back office integration automation
- Experience with systems development life cycle and structured programming methods (both traditional and Agile), including solution design, program development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance.
- Established track record of working on development projects and driving them to success within established timelines and budgets
Education and Experience: This position requires a BS in Computer Science, Science, Technology, Mathematics, or an equivalent degree. Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in object-oriented programming (C#, C++, VB, Java, or Python preferred). The ideal candidate will also have 2 years of experience using UiPath Robot. Experience with ERP/SAP is highly desirable. It is highly preferred that the candidate have the following certifications:
- UiPath Developer
Clearance Requirements: This position does not require a security clearance.