Job Purpose: Under general supervision, provide security management support to the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Corporate Logistics Department at ONR Headquarters in an office environment with a variety of moderate to complex tasks and functional activity.
Job Duties Include: The following are essential functions for the Security Specialist position. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Enter sensitive data into computer databases such as the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and spreadsheets.
- Process requests for Courier Authorization (DD Form 2501).
- Verify identification and leverage the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)/Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) to issue Common Access Cards, update database information, and reset personal identification numbers.
- Process all domestic and foreign visit requests to ONR.
- Maintain and update the Security website daily/weekly/monthly.
- Serve as the point of contact for Security website material, including security training and building access requests.
- Greet visitors either in person or via the telephone.
- Assist visitors with information, as needed.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate security specialist, as needed.
- Operate office equipment (e.g., computers, typewriters, faxes, printers, scanners, copiers).
- Draft, edit, and type various documents in electronic and paper media.
- Maintain various databases.
- Serves as Content Coordinator for Security Division iConnect site.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all ONR Administrative Officers (AO).
- Assist other members of the ONR Security Division during routine/emergency situations.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Contract Security Officers and Pentagon Force Protection Agency.
- Assist in the entrance of VIPs to ONR Headquarters building.
- Assist with classified and unclassified meetings where groups are larger than 25 people.
- In the absence of the Classified Document Control Clerk, receive and secure all SECRET and CONFIDENTIAL material.
- Provide backup support ONR duplicating machine operator and driver/courier as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent skills in the following areas: management, planning, communication, problem solving. Following applies:
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess a working knowledge of Joint Personnel Adjudications System (JPAS) or other automated database systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
- Possess a working knowledge of Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS).
- The ability to work independently.
- Possess effective collaboration, oral / writing skills to support interaction with required organizational levels in ONR.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Candidate must be able to qualify for and maintain a base access pass.
Clearance: Must currently possess or be able to secure a SECRET clearance.
Education and Experience: Must possess either a (1) Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution and 1-2 years of relevant experience as a Security Specialist or (2) a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Security Specialist. Experience with government and DoD environments is desired.