SAN Storage Engineer
NewGen Technologies is seeking a SAN Storage Engineer/Administrator, the selected candidate will support the Storage Engineering and Operations Team. This position requires advanced knowledge of Open Systems operating systems (SOLARIS/AIX/LINUX/WINDOWS/VMware), SAN switch (Brocade), and enterprise storage array subsystems (EMC, Hitachi and NetApp) environments. Strong analytical and process oriented skills are preferred, especially with regards to configuration management and trouble-shooting within a complex enterprise environment. Candidate will be expected to bring enterprise storage management experience and perspective to the organization. Knowledge of Storage Resource Management tools (EMC or HDS tools, Storage Essentiials / SANScreen) technologies and techniques. Demonstrated experience within a distributed server environment of at least 50 servers is ideal.
Job Duty 1 with % of time - Administer SAN storage arrays - 35%
Job Duty 2 with % of time – Administer SAN switch (brocade) – 25%
Job Duty 3 with % of time - Production support and troubleshooting 20%
Job Duty 4 with % of time – Administer Enterprise UNIX / Windows Servers - 10%
Job Duty 5 with % of time - Provide documentation to establish baseline and to track all change management activities - 10%
• 5+ years of relevant technical SAN administration experience of storage arrays and switches.
• 3+ years previous experience supporting complicated projects with complicated business drivers and multiple stakeholders
• 1 year of technical documentation and written presentation skills
• 3+ years of experience with advanced provisioning practices to improve storage allocations, utilization, and transition requirements off legacy storage devices.
• 7+ years of relevant technical SAN administration experience of storage arrays and switches.
• 5+ years previous experience supporting complicated projects with complicated business drivers and multiple stakeholders
• NetApp certified (NCSA)