Job Purpose: The Project Manager is responsible for leading a team supporting the software asset management lifecycle and producing software license agreements. The individual will develop client deliverables and assist in the development of new enterprise license agreements and evaluate license requirements for software contract renewals.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The candidate should be capable of the following:
- Project Management
- Develop a wide array of client deliverables including, but not limited to, requirements documents, functional design documents, status reports, client presentations, etc.
- Provide technical advice and assistance on the design, implementation, and operation of process improvement initiatives
- Develop weekly and monthly reports
- Lead analysis of as-is business processes to fully understand the client’s requirements, design to-be business processes, and support the implementation of a consistent change management plan
- Support project progress by tracking activities, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
- Lead a team to:
- Solicit, capture, and document customer software requirements
- Ensure compliance of software license agreements with commercial vendors
- Ensure timely generation, approval, and closeout of all documentation to support the customer’s mission
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Enter data from multiple sources into customer databases and systems, conducting quality assurance of output for analysis and reporting to support data driven decision-making by the client’s leadership
- Maintain inventory of a wide variety of software license requirements
- Software Analysis
- Create and collect metrics and reports as required to support data calls
- Perform analysis of metrics and data to establish patterns and trends
- Conduct analyses to assess, review, and validate requirements for the acquisition of commercial software products
- Present and advise clients on leading industry trends and technologies based on industry research
- Provide software asset management solutions and assist in the design, implementation, and operation of process improvement initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise related to government enterprise license agreements
- Answer product questions, provide use case scenarios, and act as liaison to vendor for in-depth product and license engineering questions
- Analyze software contract terms and conditions, conduct market research, provide advice in resolving disputes, and make recommendations on contract modifications
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent skills in the following areas: management, planning, communication, writing, problem solving within a global setting. The candidate should have experience working with the following:
- Excel - data filtering, pivot tables, and print merge features
- PowerPoint – creating presentations to concisely articulate a message
- Word – style, page layout, and table features to create polished technical documents
Clearance: Must currently hold an active TS/SCI clearance. A TS/SCI clearance with counterintelligence polygraph is desired but not required.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution within a technical field, such as Engineering or Computer Science. The candidate must present a minimum of six (6) years of related work experience and (2) two years of direct project management experience. Knowledge of and experience with the following are strongly desired:
- Knowledge of security requirements for classified networks in the intelligence community
- Knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) concepts, especially the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Software Asset Management (SAM), International Organization for Standards (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 19770-1 standard
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of enterprise volume licensing and requirements management
- Experience using MS Project
- Familiarity with RSA Archer eGRC, ServiceNow, or a similar platform
- Experience with government and DoD environments
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.