Principal Systems Administrator
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities, including the selection of hardware and software required to enable the cybersecurity capabilities.
- Deploying, managing and troubleshooting physical, virtual, and cloud-based Information Technology (IT) environments consisting of Windows/Unix/Linux servers, workstations, storage, Active Directory, DNS, user identity and access controls, host-based security software and network configurations, and installed applications.
- Assessing present and future capacity requirements, conducting trade studies, providing specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, developing Bill of Materials
- Conducting automated installation and testing
- Developing high quality technical documentation, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product line training.
- Supporting risk assessments and the implementation of risk mitigation countermeasures
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with a SSBI within the last 5 years, TS/SCI Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have 8 years of professional experience or 6 years of experience with a Master’s degree for an G10.
- Practical experience with Linux operating systems, VMware, TCP/IP networking, encryption, host-based security, DNS, Directory Services, Storage, cloud-based environments (AWS, OpenStack). (Windows and UNIX is a bonus)
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment.Systems Administration certifications preferred such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), and VMware Certified Associate or Professional (VCA or VCP).
- Kafja, Spark, RHEL and or ELK.
- Ability to develop automation scripts using one of more of the following shell and scripting languages: Bourne, C, Korn, Bash, Perl, Python, VBScript, and PowerShell.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology and Cybersecurity.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment or a Network/Security Operations Center
- Experience and/or familiarity with trouble-ticket or other tracking system.
- Experience with capacity planning, conducting trade studies, identifying detailed information for hardware and software selection, and developing Bill of Materials