Principal Software Engineer
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities.
- Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments
- Developing high quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training.
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.