NOC Specialist 2
The Network Operations Specialist is a member of a team environment providing Network Operations support to Mission Critical services spanning the contiguous United States.
· Methodically performs root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer’s services
· Operate across a myriad of internal teammates and external telecommunication partners to follow-through with operational processes and improve restoration times
· Facilitates coordination with our user community, a field services team, and telecommunication partners for both Break/Fix actions, as well as Change Management activities
· Thorough documentation in Trouble Tickets and Change Requests of all related activities
· This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
· Associates Degree or work experience in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Systems, or Networking
· Domain knowledge of L1 through L4 of the OSI Model
· Understanding of L2 and L3 protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IBGP, EBGP, IS-IS, and MPLS
· Familiarity with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Network Management System (NMS) applications used to monitor networked devices
· Knowledgeable in Long Term Evolution (LTE), VPN, and DMVPN technologies
· An understanding Knowledge Management practices and familiarity with the Wiki Markup Language
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, or Networking
· Industry certification such as CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, and ITIL v3