We are seeking Network Engineers to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintains smooth operation of voice and data networks.
- Plans, evaluates, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of voice and data networks hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five years (TS/SCI desired)
- 6+ years directly relevant experience
- Experience supporting enterprise and development network infrastructure.
- Experience supporting maintenance, troubleshooting and IA of network.
- Ability to evaluate, test, install and implement new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and network management components.
- Ability to perform problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions.
- Experience installing patches and maintaining accurate records of program corrections and patch levels.
- Ability to perform Network Management functions such as, network monitoring, network performance measurement and reporting.
- Ability to perform updates to network devices, including Firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices.
- Ability to Support development and maintenance of all required network policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: TCP/IP networking, encryption, firewalls, IDS/IPS, host-based security, DNS, Directory Services, Storage, Cloud-based environments (AWS, OpenStack), and SNMP-based network management
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, IAVA, ICD 503, NIST 800-53, RMF, STIGS/STEs.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Two (2) or more years of cyber security experience.
- Experience performing vulnerability scans.
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, and Puppet.
BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.