Linux Systems Engineer Lead
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- We need a self-motivated systems engineer that is passionate about and embraces new technologies while remaining security conscience and accustom to working on site with customers in a classified space.
- Willing to work alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer.
- Enjoys leading a team in design and implementation of COTS based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices.
- Support the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions.
- Develop new system solutions for production while remaining on the Operations and Maintenance team for previous deployed systems.
- Top Secret clearance with SSBI in last five years (TS/SCI desired)
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience
- Must have experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation, security hardening and maintenance
- Experience with administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc
- Experience using fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell, python & Kickstart technologies
- Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Must be comfortable with the full lifecycle of performing requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, system design, systems integration and test
- Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for testing and deployment
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using JAVA, RESTful services is a plus
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
- Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets is a plus
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with technical implementation projects
- PMP certification is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. May substitute experience for education. (i.e.,No degree plus 16 years of related experience, Associate’s degree plus 12 years of related experience.)