IT Project Manager
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide senior IT and management expertise in support of the Navy’s Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) program to ensure IT assets are ready and capable of supporting mission operations whenever required. This position is considered a Key Personnel position on the contract.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Specific duties include:
- Operate and maintain the IT Infrastructure, per the provisions of this section and applicable policy directives and instructions, manuals, established processes, handbooks and guidance.
- Operate and maintain the Government IT Infrastructure, such that every IT asset is ready and capable of supporting mission operations whenever required.
- Manage and ensure all IT users possess security clearance equal to or greater than the approved classification level of the IT Infrastructure asset being accessed. PMRF Infrastructure operates at varying classification levels, including Unclassified/For Official Use Only (FOUO), Secret, Top Secret (TS)/Collateral, and Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
- Manage and ensure all IT system users have valid need-to-access the IT Infrastructure
- Secure transmission of data across computer networks.
- Issue CACs to access DoD computers and shall comply with all applicable policies/regulations
- Manage all aspects of Information Technology and Cybersecurity and prepare for inspections, including IT Infrastructure security configuration, patching, installing compliant software, personnel IT/Cybersecurity training and qualification standards, policy and physical security.
- Ensure all personnel will participate in inspection readiness activities pertinent to their area of expertise or responsibility.
- Comply with DoD, DON, USN, COMPACFLT and PMRF IT Management command policy, instructions, manuals, standard operating procedures and official guidance issuances.
- Manage the IT Infrastructure for all users, including operators, maintainers and service providers. The Contractor shall facilitate and not interfere with IT system access, including privileged access, for duly-authorized government and contractor personnel.
- Execute OPNAV 5239/14 (Rev 9/2011), SAAR-N [or as amended], for each enclave to which they have been granted access. The SAAR-N form shall be on file with the PMRF C-ISSM. Every SAAR-N request must be accompanied by a copy of the user's Cyber Awareness training certificate, which must comply with DoD requirements for type and version of training received, and date completed.
- Ensure all IT users successfully complete the DoD Cyber Awareness annual training requirement. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) provides the training tool.
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure is capable of performing its intended operational function, at the time the capability is needed for operational support, in the manner in which the capability is intended to be used, and in compliance with applicable security and functional standards.
- Develop information to support IT configuration changes, which may include any aspect of IT technical documentation, including but not limited to: Accreditation Boundary Diagram, Hardware and Software List, Architecture Diagram, Cybersecurity Control Satisfaction, Information and data Flow, Internal and External Interface Specifications, Ports, Protocols and Services, Risk Assessment and Test plan.
- Participate in the CRB as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) or advisor. The Configuration Review Board (CRB) considers technical changes to IT prior to implementing the change. The CRB communicates proposed configuration changes to the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Organize and conduct CCB meetings and associated activities. The Information Technology Manager shall also participate in the CCB as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) or advisor.
- Promote Networking and AIS Security Awareness to all PMRF AIS users.
- Conduct annual IA training program for all AIS users at PMRF.
- Conduct introduction IA training for all new personnel at PMRF for NMCI and range AIS systems.
- Provide C&A training to ensure they understand the DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) and the PMRF C&A documentation requirements.
- Ensure Accreditation of management authorization for operation of a specific application of an AIS, network or computer resource, based on the results of a security certification and risk assessment.
- Manage and support IT systems, networks and Platform IT systems that are registered in the PMRF Information Technology Asset Registry.
Skills/Qualifications: Requires excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Projects, Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Sun Solaris, Redhat, Cisco, Microsoft are mandatory for this position.
• Requires an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M (ex: Sec+CE)
Education and Experience: This position requires a desires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a Computer Science related field from an accredited college, university or equivalent institution. A minimum of 10 years of experience in a position of overall management responsibility with Information Technology, IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Compliance, IT Configuration and Information Data Flow (required).
- Sun Solaris, Redhat, Cisco, Microsoft Accreditation. The formal management authorization for operation of a specific application of an AIS, network or computer resource, based on the results of a security certification and risk assessment.
Clearance: Active SECRET clearance preferred; must be able to attain at least a SECRET clearance.
Job Location: Barking Sands, Kauai, Hawaii