IT Asset Manager
Job Purpose: Develops policies, maintains, controls, and monitors Information Technology (IT) assets in accordance with laws, regulations, policies, and client standards. Periodically provides basic Help Desk support as needed.
Job Duties Include: The ideal candidate will successfully carry out the below mentioned essential functions. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Serve as lead for IT asset management, inventories, tracking, and audits.
• Ensure accountable property is correctly reported in an asset property system of record.
• Input new property files into the system and maintain records of all IT assets.
• Grant access to, provide assistance on, and update databases as required.
• Coordinate with and provide asset management information/assistance to other departments and outside agencies/organizations; respond to a variety of inquiries from internal and external sources.
• Contribute to program and project compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Schedule and complete property accounting audits as required by law and organizational policy.
• Provide Help Desk support when not engaged in higher-priority IT asset management tasks and at other times at the direction of the Project Manager and/or client.
• Provide Agency support for processing IT asset purchases and perform inventory compliance check against higher authority instructions.
Skills/Qualifications: Self-motivated and self-monitoring; Adherence to proper procedure; Exceptional oral and written communications; Technical communication; Problem solving; Multi-tasking.
Clearance: An active SECRET security clearance is required prior to being considered for this opportunity.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of three years of professional experience. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.