Intermediate/Senior Field Support Technician
Seeking a Senior Field Support Technician to provide desktop and network infrastructure services to include the installation of new offices, disconnection and re-installation of IT equipment for office relocations, as well as in support of technology refreshment of the network infrastructure; both hardware and software. Up to 50% travel to domestic and foreign offices.
CompTIA Securrity + REQUIRED
Maintains current knowledge of government’s security policies, equipment, and packages.
- Responsible for replacing and setting up workstations at various government sites, both foreign and domestic.
- Creates new, or modifies existing, workstations and other IT devices in Active Directory and DHCP.
- Installs applications, software, and updates. Provides installation and user support with automated booking system (UABS) and Windows 7. Troubleshoots user account issues, to include network troubleshooting, printer troubleshooting, and applications in various foreign and domestic government offices
- Coordinates pre-travel task plans and stages equipment to be deployed to customer sites.
- Modifies site floor plans, manuals, and procedures as necessary for each customer site.
- Travel to designated locations as requested to swap workstations in accordance with the deployment schedule.
- Follow refresh instructions provided by the government to ensure the processes are consistent.
- Provide feedback and recommend process improvements for all deployments and refresh activities.
- Restage workstations as necessary with the latest workstation image.
- Ensure the workstations and associated peripherals are functioning after each workstation is refreshed or installed.
- As required, reinstall government specific applications on the refreshed workstations.
- Provide a Daily Status Reports on field site(s) progress.
- Provide a Site Sign-off Package for each site identifying at a minimum the configuration and quantity of workstations installed and refreshed, as well as identifying workstations on the network that were not swapped and workstations to be returned to the Depot.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical discipline, and a minimum of 4 years’ experience. Additional years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to obtain a DEA Secret clearance
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills