Information Systems Training Specialist
Seeking an Information Systems Training Specialist to provide support and leadership for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Firebird project.
Coordinate with Program Managers to develop course objectives and training requirements.
Produce, revise, and maintain all necessary training materials. Training materials to include, but not limited to, Instructor Guide, Training Manual, Reference Guide, Functional Handout, and course critique form, shall be available in electronic format, Portable Document Format (PDF), and paper forms.
· Instruct classes with varied time frames, curricula, and student knowledge levels.
· As requested, travel to Field Offices to provide onsite assistance to users in support of DEA applications.
· Provide field training support to DEA staff and agents on recently deployed software and devices.
· Conduct basic training sessions attended by up to thirty (30) students per session.
· Set up temporary classrooms using Firebird workstations or DEA’s Mobile training classroom when needed.
· Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all training equipment in an electronic format.
· Respond to assigned Service Manager work tickets for job related tasks.
· Provide on-site staff assistance to the service desk for service calls pertaining to Firebird applications.
· Manage multiple schedules, milestones, and deadlines with little supervision.
· Develop and maintain relationships with the client and provide customer service.
· Work with the subject matter experts to define course content.
· Demonstrate correct training techniques as established by the client.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field of study and minimum of one year of training experience.
· Active secret clearance or the ability to obtain a secret clearance is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
· Ability to write and speak clearly and informatively.
· Skilled at editing work for spelling and grammar and varying writing styles to meet needs.
· Ability to gather and analyze information effectively.
· Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently.