Human Resources Specialist and Junior Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Job Purpose: Na Aliʻi is looking to hire an individual who will provide both HR and FSO support. The individual will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources duties while also supporting FSO administrative requirements.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Human Resource Duties:
- Provide direct and general support in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of HR policies and procedures.
- Organize, track, maintain, and improve HR records generation, administration and retention.
- Provide on-going review, recommend and implement changes to keep HR functions in compliance with all statutory, regulatory, or company policy requirements and all HR confidential practices.
- Create and modify HR documents and forms using Microsoft Office applications.
- Provide new hire compliance and benefit enrollment, time-keeping, payroll maintenance and other necessary support.
- Assist with the scheduling and conducting of new staff member orientation and annual open enrollment meetings. Setup, coordinate and/or conduct other HR related staff meetings or training opportunities.
- Research HR practices, compensation and benefit programs and other HR-related subject matters, participate in pay and benefit surveys, and assist in the development of enhancements to the Company’s related HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide drafting and composition support for the development or revision of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Support the growth of the firm through business development, proposals, interviews, community involvement, and other activities that support organizational growth and development.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Support management and implementation of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other security activities including NISPOM compliance matters, ensuring/overseeing proper document control, visitor control, personnel security, DSS and compliance, clearance and suitability processing, preparation of subcontract DD Form 254's for classified contracting, visit requests, and security aspects of prime and sub-contracts.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook, and on-line search engines required. Demonstrated knowledge and competence in HR statutory and regulatory requirements and best practices with PHR or SPHR desired.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or similar discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience in human resources. Must be a DSS certified FSO and have at least one year of experience leading or supporting FSO duties. Also desired are the following:
- Previous experience with payroll systems.
- Familiarity with government contracting and related HR requirements.
- Familiar with DOD security regulatory manuals.