Help Desk Support
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements a solution.
Job Duties: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide first line support to monitor help desk system for incoming requests and resolve or escalate accordingly.
• Troubleshoot desktop, laptop, printer, hardware, software and other peripheral devices.
• Fully document all steps and communication for each issue.
• Install and support business and clinical applications.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
• Support development and updates to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Write training manuals and stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Effectively and politely communicate with customers and understand their issues.
• Triage issues, and understand and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions.
• Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Flexible hours to help cover support to other shifts or offices.
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer oriented.
Clearance: Must currently hold an active SECRET security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires at least (3) three years’ experience providing help desk support. Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Proficient in Windows PC and printer administration and maintenance, strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and Office suites, and basic network and security fundamentals. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. Associate degree preferred. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.