Help Desk Support
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solution.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
• Support development and updates to Standard Operating Procedures
• Write training manuals and stay current with system information, changes and updates
• Effectively and politely communicate with customers and understand their issues
• Triage issues, and understand and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions
• Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals
• Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and other systems
• Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
• Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
• Travel to other countries and states to provide customer support less than 25% of time
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills, problem analysis, multi-tasking capabilities, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative, adaptable and customer service oriented. This position may require the ability to travel to other countries.
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Clearance: Must currently hold an active Secret level of security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience or four years total experience in Help/Service Desk Support Operations. This position requires a professional certification in compliance with 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP). Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.