Help Desk Specialist
Please apply online to www.na-alii.com to be considered
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solution.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provide first line support for any technical issues and problems
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Support development and updates to Standard Operating Procedures
- Write training manuals and stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Effectively and politely communicate with customers and understand their issues
- Triage issues, and understand and route issues to the correct resources, track requests and document resolutions
- Walk customers through troubleshooting procedures as well as train computer users
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Run diagnostic applications to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and other systems
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills, problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative, adaptable and customer service oriented. This position requires the ability to travel to other countries.
Clearance: Must currently hold an active TS/SCI level of security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires at least three (3) years of experience providing help desk support. This position requires a professional certification in compliance with 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP). Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment. Experience in call tracking applications and customer service practices. Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.
- Customer Service - Manages challenging and/or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.