Facility Security Officer - FSO
Job Purpose: Na Aliʻi is looking to hire an individual who will provide both FSO and HR support to the company. The individual will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the FSO administrative requirements while also supporting various human resources duties.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support management and implementation of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other security activities including NISPOM compliance matters, ensuring/overseeing proper document control, visitor control, personnel security, DSS and compliance, clearance and suitability processing, preparation of subcontract DD Form 254's for classified contracting, visit requests, and security aspects of prime and sub-contracts.
- Provide direct and general support in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of HR policies and procedures as needed.
- Organize, track, maintain, and improve HR records generation, administration and retention as needed.
- Provide on-going review, recommend and implement changes to keep HR functions in compliance with all statutory, regulatory, or company policy requirements and all HR confidential practices.
- Create and modify HR documents and forms using Microsoft Office applications.
- Provide drafting and composition support for the development or revision of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Support the growth of the firm through business development, proposals, interviews, community involvement, and other activities that support organizational growth and development.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Word, Excel, Outlook, and on-line search engines required. Demonstrated knowledge and competence in HR statutory and regulatory requirements and best practices with PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP desired.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active Top Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or similar discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience in human resources. Must be a DSS certified FSO and have at least one year of experience leading or supporting FSO duties. Also desired are the following:
- General interest in supporting the HR team as needed
- Familiarity with government contracting and related HR requirements.
- Familiar with DOD security regulatory manuals.