Executive Assistant with a TS/SCI for a multi-year role in Arlington, VA supporting senior DoD leadership within the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
The candidate will directly support high-ranking Federal Government Senior Executives and interact with DoD Flag / General Officers and their support staffs.
- Formulate and refine multiple standard operating procedures, processes, and work products/templates based on their subject matter expertise and independent assessments. These decisions are the basis of the daily business operations of the offices, but also represent the overall strategic engagement plans of their clients. Tasks will require impeccable judgement, discretion, a thorough knowledge of the business operations and plan, and empowerment by their clients.
- Serve as primary point of contact and liaison with senior DoD leadership for interpreting proposed policies and operating practices, DoD Directives, Instructions, Publications & Manuals
- Create tools such as Excel spreadsheets and other databases to compile, track, summarize, and report the status of various documents and projects.
- Provide input to and communicate with various military assistants, Chiefs of Staff, Pentagon Force Protection Agency, and subordinate organization personnel to guide and direct daily operations and provide inputs into strategic plans.
- Serve as subject matter expert in interpreting Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and facilitating compliance with Foreign Clearance Guide to plan and coordinate travel activities; review travel authorizations and vouchers; arrange necessary passports and visas for official travel.
- Manage and maintain the complex calendars and schedules of senior personnel and resolve conflicting priorities and orchestrate changes to the calendar, as required, that may include coordination, verification, and scheduling of meetings with senior government personnel, congressional members and staff, industry, and academia personnel.
- Plan, coordinate, and confirm logistical support (transportation, badges, security clearance paperwork, audio visual support, etc. for meetings
- Active TS/SCI
- A minimum of four (4) years of recent and relevant experience
- Extensive experience with creating, reviewing and approving CONUS and OCONUS Defense Travel System (DTS) orders
- Correspondence experience in a DoD environment
- Experience with task or correspondence management systems (e.g. TMT or CATMS)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. At the discretion of the Government, specialized experience including military or industry executive assistant experience may be substituted in lieu of specific educational requirements.
- Experience and skills in providing Executive Level Administrative Assistant support to high-ranking Federal Government Senior Executive or DoD Flag / General Officers is highly preferred.