Defense Business Systems Efficiency Analyst
Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a Defense Business System (DBS) Efficiency Analyst to support the DoD Chief Management Officer (CMO) and the IT efficiencies and IT/Business Systems Reform initiatives. The individual will analyze and develop data models and visualizations used to assess the viability and potential savings of proposed DoD-wide IT cost-saving initiatives across the DoD Business Mission Area. Findings from this analysis will inform development/ modifications to existing initiatives and will be presented to the highest levels of DoD.
- Analyze and model existing Defense Business System Portfolios and Systems for opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce duplication of efforts. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Analyze and integrate a myriad of needs assessments and cost/benefit analysis to align technology investments to business strategies.
- Analyze and convert business and information technology requirements into recommended courses of action to present to Government review board for decision.
- Collect and analyze data to report metrics using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Analyze portfolio management tasks used to prepare for the Defense Business Council (DBC) annual review of Defense Business Systems.
- Apply process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct IT modernization project assessments.
- Analyzing and recommending modifications to IT Budget information using Government’s Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) system.
- Review and analyze data collection tools, architecture, calculation and reporting methodologies, identify trends and develop strategies to mitigate issues and improve overall operational performance, devise and implement policies and strategies for the development of program performance metrics, effectively communicate team objectives, goals, and mission requirements to service and process owners and program leadership, and coordinate and facilitate the communication of performance issues to all program staff, to include the preparation of reports for managers, as well as presentation support.
- Articulate issues to appropriate program personnel and collaborate with Government and support staff to mitigate disputes quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and manage performance metrics utilizing various tools based on industry best practices (ITIL, Lean Six Sigma).
- Ensure Systems Development Lifecycle/Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SDLC/SELC) compliance of all existing processes are fully documented, suggesting improvements where applicable.
- Develop both technical and executive presentations.
- Provide training and guidance to departmental staff, senior managers, members on performance and service improvement.
Skills/Qualifications: Expert analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written. Additionally, qualified candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills set, and ability:
- Understanding of the intent of Title 10 U.S. Code § 2222 - Defense business systems: business process reengineering; enterprise architecture; management and Section 217 and 883 of the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act.
- Understanding of DODI 5000.75, Business Systems Requirements and Acquisition instruction.
- Understanding of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process, and Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMLPF-P) analysis techniques.
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) 101 or equivalent.
- Experience with DoD Major Automated Information System (MAIS) design, development and deployment.
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program experience preferred.
- Experience using ITIL, AGILE, Project Management (CAPM/PMP), and/or CBAP management methodologies.
- Technical understanding of Amazon Web Services, JC-ITE GovCIoud, IC-ITE C2S, and other community or emerging cloud frameworks.
- Understanding of the variations of public, private, hybrid, multi, and distributed cloud models and their application within the IC and federal law enforcement environments. Experience developing mature migration paths toward distributed processing and cloud-based solutions.
- Experience using SharePoint for information sharing and project management.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an associated discipline from an accredited institution. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.