Data Visualization Analyst
Job Purpose: Responsible for collection and interpretation of reporting requirements, design and development of internal and external communication using dashboards, reports, PowerPoint ™ and graphic output. The candidate must be experienced with one or more Business Intelligence solutions (e.g Qlik, Tableau) in addition to the MS Office Suite of applications.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Extensive experience working with customers to understand and interpret communication requirements.
- Experience with one or more leading COTS analytic and presentation solutions including Tableau, Qlik, MS Office.
- Has designed attractive interactive and static dashboards and reports.
- Capable of creating, presenting and advising clients on implementation plans for complex activities using MS Project or equivalent.
- Extensive experience with working in an environment involving diverse sets of legacy data, documents, and materials. Experience with data preparation.
- Familiarity with R based statistics. Knowledge of statistical analysis methods including linear regression and factor analysis.
- Experience with all lifecycle phases of a data-oriented business case development project including initial assessment, requirements, solution design, planning and implementation.
- Support project teams and interface with clients.
- Capable of assessing, understanding and adapting to new approaches rapidly.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, communication, and problem-solving skills, Problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. The candidate should have experience working with the following technologies:
REQUIRED: MS Office suite of applications – with a strong Excel background.
DESIRED: Tableau, Qlik, or other leading BI platform (Cognos, Business Objects), R Statistical programming and methods, Oracle or MS SQL Integration.
Clearance: This position requires an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s (4-year) degree from an accredited institution within a relevant field. Candidate must have at least two to five years of Business Intelligence analytics and reporting experience. Statistical Modeling and graphic design experience are preferred but not required. Experience with DoD environments is necessary.