Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a Data Analyst to support the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Weapons System Support (WSS) Philadelphia. The successful candidate will analyze and develop data solutions, and visualizations used to support NAVSUP enterprise reform initiatives.
Job Duties Include: The following duties reflect management’s definition of essential functions for this job but do not restrict the tasks that might be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Providing reform team(s) with data analysis and data visualization support to derive actionable insights using tools MS Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (to write and diagnose problems with macros), Alteryx models (to manipulate Excel files, i.e., join multiple files into one data set), and other MS Office suite applications.
- Creating tables, charts, and graphs to transpose into Powerpoint to drive workable meetings for our client.
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating issues within data and determining the root cause of the problem to recommend and execute corrective action.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements in relation to data collection and processing for repeatability.
- Creating data model documentation that describes the flow of data from any given data set to its final output format, in accordance with policies set forth by the Government client.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, cleansing, validation, and maintenance of good and accurate data flowing from user inputs to reporting outputs.
- Educating and providing technical support as needed or requested within the scope of specific assigned responsibilities.
- Providing other related duties as required by the Project Manager.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical skills, organizational and planning skills, communication, and problem-solving skills, problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable and customer service oriented. Specifically, the ideal candidate will be familiar with, and have experience with the following technical knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Experience working with large datasets or databases.
• Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
• Understanding of writing syntax and using statistics and data analysis tools.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities with minimum direction and supervision.
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, social science, business or an equivalent related field from an accredited institution. A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience is required. Familiarity with Alteryx models (to manipulate Excel files, i.e., join multiple files into one data set) is a requirement to advance. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is desired.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation and the ability to secure a government-issued Common Access Card (CAC).
Work Location: Work is performed on government site at Naval Supply Systems Command Weapons System Support Philadelphia, unless directed. Employees will work in close proximity with Government personnel. Core work hours are 0730 to 1400 Monday through Friday except for holidays.