Job Purpose: Na Ali’i is looking to hire a Cost Analyst to support the DoD Chief Management Office (CMO) and the IT efficiencies and IT/Business Systems Reform initiative. The individual will develop complex data analytics and visualizations used to assess the viability and potential savings of proposed DoD-wide IT cost-saving initiatives, as well as supporting the authoring and editing of financial budgets and budget submission artifacts to track and solidify saving targets. Findings from the cost analysis will inform development and/or refinements to the BCA and will be presented to the highest levels of DoD.
Job Duties Include:
• Leverage tools such as Python / R / Tableau / PowerBi / SQL to pull data needed for cost model development.
• Develop complex costing models using Excel to include such elements as contract costs, DoD manpower costs, hardware/software costs, and other infrastructure costs.
• Understand and incorporate existing statutory, regulatory or policy requirements that may constrain implementation of best practices.
• Support development of an analytical approach that measures improved capability / outcomes in addition to Total Cost of Ownership to compared value.
• Provides comprehensive planning, programming, budgeting, and execution support to the DoD client.
• Provide budget artifact requirements such as but not limited to issue papers, More Disciplined Use of Resources (MDUR) worksheet submissions, and changes to Financial Systems and Authoritative Data Sources (ADS).
• Authors and edits inputs to the Congressional Justification Book on behalf of the Chief Information Officer.
• Leverages financial data analysis to inform, multi-year resource objectives, priorities, and implications.
• Formulates, justifies, and executes program budgets in accordance with strategic plans, program objectives, and approved battle-rhythms.
• Routinely tracks program execution (e.g., allocation, obligation, and expenditure rates) to ensure fiscal responsibility and maximize outcomes.
• Effectively manages program budgets to ensure time-phased allocations and execution milestones align with the detailed resource plan.
• Identifies changing conditions, trends, and risks to decipher organizational impacts and recommended mitigations.
• Collaborates with technical and budget counterparts to support program management efforts.
• Collaborates with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical and financial content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Collects, adjudicates, and implements recommended edits accurately and in a timely manner.
• Facilitate internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration.
• Support brief development and visualization / communication of data and analysis from the models.
• Work in a fast-paced, highly flexible client and team environment providing quick turn-around data analysis.
• Support other duties as assigned by your supervisor/ DoD client.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent writing and editing skills. The ideal candidate is able to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex financial data into digestible and informative graphics and written content. A self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individually or in a team environment. Demonstrated competency of financial standards and practices. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint. Expert analytical, problem-solving skills. Experience delivering excel-based cost analysis tools, financial management tools, and dashboards for senior level decision makers. Ability to work productively in a team-environment. Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD and the factors impacting the achievement of service requirements.
Education and Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an associated discipline from an accredited institution. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience working in or directly for the DoD is required.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.