Job Purpose: The Contracts Specialist is responsible for analyzing, facilitating, and negotiating company contract requirements, their terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, policies, and business unit procedures.
Job Duties Include: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Support all facets of contract negotiation, management, and administration duties, ensuring that contracts are negotiated, administered, and closed in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as corporate compliance policy and procedure.
- Support review of request for proposals (RFPs), develops a contracts position, articulating contract needs that position the business for future opportunities and ensures Na Ali’i develops a compliant and competitive proposal while protecting company assets and brand.
- Write all forms and templates of contracts and agreements consistent with regulatory and enterprise policies.
- Negotiate and resolve contractual disputes with contractors, suppliers, and/or agency officials.
- Maintain the official record of negotiations and accurate files of all contractual documents and correspondence, including changes/deviations, amendments, and clarifications.
- Maintain an index of contracts including relevant contract terms.
- Prepare and revise client contracts and confidentiality agreements in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Monitor, investigate, identify and thoroughly researches laws, rules, regulations that may affect the organization (Federal Register, United States Code, Federal, State and Local laws and regulations). Updates and communicates policies and procedures that ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Work collaboratively with audit support and financial review to ensure adequate internal controls are present to ensure compliance.
- Monitor contracting solicitation sites and manages the pipeline of potential contracts opportunities that fit Na Ali’i’s strategic growth goals.
- Develop and delivers periodic status briefs to leadership on all contract actions and potential contracting opportunities.
- Maintain user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Strategic Planning, Self-Motivated and Self-Monitoring, Exceptional Oral and Written Communications, Technical Communication, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Multi-tasking, Project Management
Education and Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of two years of professional experience. Contracting and compliance experience within a federal environment is requirement. The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree or comparative years of professional experience in business consulting, program management, or a similar field. Experience in or work for the U.S. military is also highly desirable.
- Customer Service - Manages challenging and/or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.