The Configuration Manager is responsible for configuration management (CM) of capabilities, developmental and operational systems. Works in Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to create and maintain configuration baselines (software, COTS/GOTS, development, test, production, etc.) supporting capability development, system sustainment and operations (SS&O). Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Current Secret Clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience documenting and performing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
- Experience and/or familiarity with CM standards such as ISO, ITIL and CMMI.
- Experience defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Experience developing product build scripts and procedures, and integrating scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Experience establishing and maintaining Program CM systems and document and software libraries.
- Experience developing and improving Program CM processes.
- Experience providing CM process training to program team.
- Experience communicating CM status to CM Management and Program Management.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Math, Science, Information Technology or Business discipline is required Engineering, Science or Mathematics or related field plus 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years of experience with a related Master's degree. Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.