Job Purpose: To provide COGNOS dashboard development, data modeling and computer programming related support.
Job Duties: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Take initiative in an environment involving diverse sets of data, documents, and materials.
- Work closely with clients to translate user requirements into a system requirement specification by learning and understanding their business processes, business requirements, interpreting requirements and assisting in the solution design.
- Support project teams and interface with clients.
- Assist in the delivery of business intelligence solutions with best of breed products. These solutions.
- Function as a business intelligence developer able to develop and maintain COGNOS dashboards, conduct data modeling, develop reports and report visualizations
- Work with customers to understand their business processes and requirements.
- Translating requirements into technical solutions.
- Resolve issues that arise during development.
- Assist project manager as required, prepare required documentation, and deliverables.
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent technical, organizational and planning, communication, and problem-solving skills, in addition to exceptional problem analysis, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, initiative and adaptability. Additionally, Security + certification preferred.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer information systems or computer science is required. Degree may be substituted for 2 years of college and 3-5 years of related work experience. Additionally, the candidate should have experience working with the following technologies:
• COGNOS - Mandatory
• Informatica, Data Stage - Desired
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass. Must be able to obtain a favorable National Security Agency Check (NACI) including a FBI fingerprint check. Current security clearance is desired.