The successful Cloud Subject Matter Expert supports the development and implementation of cyber engineering strategies, tools and techniques to enhance a system’s cyber-resiliency against existing and emerging cyber-threats. The successful candidate will be required to perform hands-on technical analysis of test data and use critical thinking and a broad understanding of different technologies to identify areas susceptible to cyber-attack, based upon provided cyber-threat intelligence. Upon identifying susceptibilities, assist in developing recommended improvements to engineering requirements and specifications. The candidate will support development of presentations and reports to document findings, and will require good communication and interpersonal skills to convey findings in a tactful manner and at the technical proficiency of the audience.
Responsibilities also include:
- Capable of providing cybersecurity engineering support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, security tools, devices and/or processes for developmental and operational cyber tools
- Possess in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge of cyber defensive operations and technologies
- Capable of working independently or as a team member to solve cybersecurity engineering problems
- Develop and analyze available COTs cyber protection tools that will improve security posture and provide recommendations that support the remediation and protection of systems
- Perform requirements traceability to assessment findings
- Perform cyber criticality, mission impact, and risk analysis of recommended tools
- Translate analytical findings into security “use cases” that can be implemented within available surveillance capabilities
- Provide detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results in the form of PowerPoint presentations and/or Word documents, as well as oral briefings on complex technical subjects attuned to senior management, technical, or non-technical audiences
- Design and execute the technical implementation for Microsoft and AWS infrastructure and cloud computing services.
- Demonstrated experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud security and Azure Cloud Security including identifying security risks, threats, and prevention measures within an AWS/Azure Cloud implementation, and leveraging AWS/Azure security tools
- Deliver solution that aligns with the customer’s business needs and requirements (discuss benefits and risks)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key technical contacts within the customer accounts and becoming a trusted adviser to these individuals
- Work together with a department project coordinator to successfully complete a project
- Provide configuration recommendation and assistance to other solution deployment team members
- Assist in the development of detailed project specifications and implementation plans
- Operates network and computing devices/systems that enforces security policies and audit controls.
- Provides engineering services, security consulting and leadership on select projects
- Researches emerging technologies in support of ongoing security practice and enhancement.
- Provides engineering support for security operations team, service desk and escalation tiers.
- Performs hands-on engineering support of wide range of security technologies.
- Should hold one or more of the following certifications in good, current standing: CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, or Security+
- Experience with Cybersecurity Ark and SailPoint
- Experience with implementing PKI and PIV standards
- Experience with federation technologies and solutions -Knowledge of information security best practices
- Knowledge of Active Directory design and configuration
- Knowledge of Enterprise Directory architecture
- 3+ years of related Identity Management tools engineering experience, including installing, configuring and troubleshooting experience with one or more of these tools:
- CA PAM
- One or more active certification listed below:
- Tenable Certificate of Proficiency
- SailPoint Certified IdentityIQ Engineer
- SailPoint Certified IdentityIQ Architect
- CyberArk Trustee certification (Level 1)
- CyberArk Defender certification (Level 2)
- CyberArk Sentry certification (Level 3)
- CyberArk Guardian certification (Level 4
- Able to work across multiple organizations, cultures, and service providers to synthesize actionable information
Required Education (including Major):
•Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
•A Master’s degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
•Professional experience may be substituted for a degree