Classified Document Scanner
Job Purpose: Supports the overall digitization of archival records and lays the groundwork for a more effective workforce able to easily access nearly limitless data supports the customer’s mission.
Job Duties: The following duties reflect management’s definition of essential functions for this job but do not restrict the tasks that might be assigned. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities at any time due to a reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Review all physical documents scheduled to ensure record matches inventory.
- Adhere to relevant Standard Operating Procedures regarding the appropriate equipment settings.
- Review digitized material to ensure completeness of digitized record.
- Initiate on the spot quality control procedures to fix issues at the earliest possible production step.
- Review inventories to ensure accuracy of inventoried materials.
- Ensure index integrity of files at the box level.
- Utilize software to apply approved metadata and to produce files in customer required formats.
- Adhere to customer provided file naming conventions
- Perform file preparation work to ensure readability of digitized material
- Perform quality control surveillance of digitized materials
- Adhere to approved quality control procedures.
- Meet operational objectives by monitoring personal production output and implementing changes as necessary.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and workspace.
- Share responsibility of records security.
- Display familiarity with NIPR, SIPR, and JWICS.
Skills/Qualifications: High level of attention to detail, goal oriented, self-motivated, ability to stay on task. Ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs. may be required. Ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs. may be required
Education and Experience: This position requires a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience.
Clearance: This position requires an active TS/SCI level of security clearance.
- Teamwork – Is supportive of and collaborates effectively with co-workers to provide high quality outcomes in support of client requirements. Maintains high standards for professional conduct in dealing with co-workers and clients.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.