Job Purpose: Candidate will leverage a strong planning, programming, budgeting, and execution skillset and in-depth knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) structures, processes, and systems to support the government client. Candidate will provide mission focused support via optimized planning, robust analysis, and responsible execution of funding in accordance with legislative directives, strategic plans, and program objectives.
- Provides comprehensive planning, programming, budgeting, and execution support to the DoD client.
- Authors budget analysis and justifications captured within the Congressional Justification Book.
- Develops data-informed, multi-year resource objectives, priorities, and implications to effectively drive down cost, time and risk associated with major programs.
- Employs robust analysis and iterative funding allocation to maximize outcomes, maintain accountability, and ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Effectively manages budget to ensure time-phased allocations meet detailed resource plans.
- Formulates, justifies, executes, and controls budgetary actions in accordance with guidance set forth in strategic plans, program objectives, and approved battle-rhythms.
- Leverages analytic rigor to develop, refine, or improve product deliverables.
- Identifies, reports, and mitigates discrepancies in obligation plans, and execution data to ensure milestones are achieved.
- Identify and analyze changing conditions, trends, and risks to decipher organizational impacts and provide recommendations to senior leaders.
- Routinely conduct variance analysis, data reconciliations, and accounting transactions.
Skills & Qualifications: Significant experience with DoD budget structure, processes and systems. Comprehensive analytical skillset with a demonstrated ability to develop, shape, and improve products. Demonstrated competency of financial standards and best practices. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with a strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education & Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline from an accredited institution as well as a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in relevant position(s). Relevant experience in or work for the U.S. military or DoD is highly desirable.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active (TS/SCI) clearance. Candidate will be required to successfully complete a Counter Intelligence polygraph test.