Job Purpose: Under general supervision, the AutoCAD Specialist will design, develop, and maintain computer-aided design (AutoCAD) drawing capability for the creation and update of telecommunications, information technology infrastructure, and cabling diagrams the plan and profile drawings of ISP (Inside Plant) and OSP (Outside Plant) requirements in support of DISA PAC PES-HI Engineering & Installation Support Services
Job Duties Include: The ideal candidate will perform the below mentioned essential functions for this position. Management may assign additional duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Producing drawings that include: Installation Design Package (IDP); Installation Control Drawings; Outline and Mounting Drawings; Cable Block Wiring Diagrams; Functional Baseline Control Drawings; and 3-Dimensional Layouts. Produce drawings in AutoCAD format.
- Producing mechanical and electrical drawings from rough engineering sketches.
- Preparing illustrations, diagrams, graphs, charts, 3D renderings, or other appropriate graphic medium for various presentation media as briefing slides, reports, user manuals, and training materials.
- Manage and control IDP Master Drawings Sets for projects, including the cross-reference files.
- Examining engineering drawings for compliance with cited specifications and to ensure necessary items are included in each drawing to support the assigned task.
- Supporting the creation and sustainment of a Cable and Integration Records Database.
- Providing drafting services to support Government engineering staff with development of cable plant design drawings to include converting AutoCAD files to Adobe Acrobat PDF files if required.
- Monitoring the cable plant and supporting pathways to ensure compliance with approved design drawings and to ensure that no unauthorized changes are being made to the cable plant system.
- Supporting the Project Manager, or Engineer with any information required to purchase, fabricate, layout, or assemble special electronic equipment and components from engineering drawings and schematics or preparation of construction permits.
Skills/Qualifications: Organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, attention to detail and accuracy, solid judgment and decision-making ability, takes initiative and is adaptable. Specific AutoCAD skills include:
- Working knowledge of ISP/ OSP Design and Telecommunications.
- Must have AutoCAD, Microstation and GIS experience.
- Understanding of DWG 2018 file formats, Shared Views, DWG Compare, Save To AutoCAD Web & Mobile is highly valued.
- Understanding and experience working the Microsoft Office Suite Products.
Military Installation Access: This position resides on a military installation. Must be able to qualify for and obtain a base access pass (successful pass of background check).
Clearance Requirements: This position may require an active Secret security clearance.
Education and Experience: This position requires a minimum of three years of experience within the field. HS Diploma or GED & Technical Trade School, military service, or related experience is required, but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Physical requirements: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and talk/hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; and adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Ethics - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity; and upholds organizational values.