Agile Test Engineer
Agile Test Engineer (ATE)
The ATE is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and primarily responsible for quality assurance. The ATE shall iteratively test the code written by the ASDs, and provides test plans, tests, and diagnoses system performance and document testing results. They negotiate the escalation of issues and coordinate with teams to modify and update systems according to the results to enhance system performance and repair application abnormalities. As a project-wide asset, the ATE must have organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
Bachelors Arts/Science in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering).
Masters/Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering).
COMPTIA Security+ or CISSP certification
Required Years of Experience
Desired Years of Experience
- TOP SECRET / SCI
- Software testing, test methodology, test development and test execution and report generation is required
- Actively utilizing Agile methods
- Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
- Multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Have tested SaaS/PaaS/Cloud!Web based apps in various browsers, Mac & Windows
- Solid exploratory testing skills, assess the right level of testing based on what is covered by unit/developer tests. When exploration reveals a problem, author clear bug reports with all the relevant details.
- Used a variety of techniques to help test Tracker broadly- at the feature, epic, end-to-end and system level, check for potential performance, security issues, usability and more
- Perform exploratory testing on client projects through QA methodologies, such as the use of charters
- Extract, transform, load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques
- Implementing automation scripts for mobile apps and desktop websites to enhance efficiency of Release Candidate testing
- Analytic algorithm design and implementation
- Networking, compute and storage technologies
- Managing and advanced SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PLISQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Discovering show stopper bugs and find reproduction steps to crashes
- Discovering defects/bugs and creating detailed bug reports
- Collaborating with PM and development team to prioritize defects/bugs on active projects
- Meeting project deadlines to ensure products are released within schedule
- Support within Intelligence Communities
• Troubleshooting experience with Windows, Vm Ware and Linux operating environments and related certification suites
• Web services environment and technologies, such as XML, KML, SOAP, and JSON
• Machine learning, data mining, and knowledge discovery
• Using and/or designing RESTful APis, SOAP, XML
• Developing large cloud software projects, preferably in JAVA, Python or C++ language
• Java/J2EE, multithreaded & concurrency systems
• Multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks including Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, Elastic Search, etc. for the purposes of conducting analytic algorithm design and implementation
• NoSQL database such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and hBase
• Processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale).
• Background automating A WS, Openstack or VMware
• Solid source code control management skills, particularly with a distributed SCM like Git
• Senior System Administrator on the SAGE scale
• Background with CentOS or Ubuntu
• Testing mobile apps
• Support to SOF