Acquisition Specialist (Senior)
Job Purpose: Display detailed knowledge of FAR, DFAR, and DoD 5000 series regulations. Provide best in breed application of proven oversight/governance processes, methodologies, and management principles for the more efficient use of resources. The SME will directly interface and support Senior DoD officials, providing recommendations based on past lessons learned and industry best practices within DoD acquisition guidelines/policies.
Job Duties Include:
- Leverage acquisition oversight processes to identify strategic opportunities for more effective and efficient use of resources to source DoD requirements.
- Conduct analyses to assess, review, and validate requirements for the acquisition of goods and services.
- Develop reports and recommendations on acquisition strategies, market research approaches, requirement definition methodologies, sourcing strategies, and performance management practices.
- Provide support across functional areas, including business requirements analysis, data analysis, process analysis, process control, status reporting, and preparation of formal reports/presentations.
- Provide functional area subject matter expertise related to Federal acquisition policy, planning, strategy, practice, and performance evaluation.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining executive dashboard as well as developing and analyzing key contracting metrics
- Ensure the implementation of enhanced management principles to meet cost/schedule/performance objectives.
- Assisting in developing and integrating risk management plans and strategies.
- Recommend, document and implement continuous process improvements and best of breed practices within DoD acquisition to support the Category Management objectives and mission requirements.
- Support program briefings, assist in determining program direction and progress, and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to higher organizational management.
Skills/Qualifications: High degree of knowledge in laws, regulations, and policies (LRPs) related to acquisition of DoD goods and services. High level of experience in developing and executing enterprise level oversight/governance processes, methodologies, and management processes. Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities for acquisition within DoD and interrelationship of organizations, policies, and governance bodies impacting execution of requirements. Desired certifications include:
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III
- Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC-C)
Education and Experience: This position requires a Master’s degree or higher in an associated discipline from an accredited institution. A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience is required. Experience in or work within the DoD is highly desirable.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.