Our client is looking for a Windows System Administrator with Top Secret Clearance (required). This individual will be responsible for performing a full range of IT functions for classified areas, managing and maintaining Windows systems and servers, as well as the localized Cisco network infrastructure. This position ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational and security based policies.
• 4 years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration 2003/2008 (R2)/2012R2 and Desktop Support with increasing responsibilities administering client/Server applications.
• Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, Anti-Virus, OS upgrades, Computer Security, System Monitoring and logging.
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
• Independent, self-motivated, and able to meet critical deadlines.
• Ability to adapt appropriately to priorities.
• Ability to learn Linux administration, on the job training is acceptable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to work within a team and foster teamwork and trust from both external and internal customers.
• Experience with Data Center UPS infrastructure.
• Experience researching compliance issues, and formulating recommendations to management.
• Experience with VMware products and tools, such as vCenter Server and vMotion.
• Experience with being the customer interface.
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
• Ability to maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience working in closed areas and understanding Information Assurance requirements
• Experience in performing security audits on networked and standalone computers in a classified area.
• Linux Experience
• Experience on configuring, deploying and troubleshooting SPLUNK in a classified area.
• Experience with implementing, and configuring SPLUNK.
• Experience with Solar Winds Orion.
• Experience in working with WSUS in a classified area.
• Experience with tape backup utilizing Symantec NetBackup or equivalent.
• Work with IT Managers in developing solutions to on-going problems in the environment.
• Microsoft Share Point Experience.
• Cisco Call Manager Experience.
• Possession of a current Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or an equivalent professional, industry recognized certification. Examples of equivalent certifications include but are not limited to: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Windows Server 2012, CompTIA Security+. VMWare certification a plus.